Monday, June 22, 2015

19.

21st June 1996, at 7:36pm Malaysian time, my mum gave the final push and out i popped.

"And thus a legend was born"- in Giovanni's words.

Thank you mummy! Thank you Dad! Happy Father's Day to you and all the superheroes out there. Thank you both for raising me for 19 years. I thank God for absolutely everything, I am truly infinitely blessed.

Happy Father's Day to my Superhero !

I am officially 19 and it was truly an amazing day. I slept around 2:45am after birthday calls from le Ghee Ko & Sharon and then Yenn & Foong. So touched i swear! I woke up after hearing soft, gentle knocks on my door at 8:30am. Yes it sounded creepy because when i called out groggily "who is it?", there was no reply but the knock came again.

I got up and stumbled over to the door, eyes squinting - asian eyes evident first thing in the morning. It was Jane with presents from the family and Gill and an epic card in her hands! Jon was at the back laughing at the half asleep state i was in. She said "I know it's 8:30 and this is really mean, but Happy Birthday!" I was like "Awww thank youuuuu guys!" Hashtag most epic host parents ever! Long story short, after skyping with my parents, we had a double celebration lunch, Uncle Hiep made special Vietnamese pancakes which were the bomb! The whole family came over and it was so nice! Then the chocolate birthday cake, i was and still am so touched i swear! Alex gave me about 7 hugs today and kisses too! Yes he is so adorable and he turns my heart into goey fudge. HASHTAG LOTSOFLOVE.

#infinitelyblessed

What topped my 19th birthday on the Summer Solstice with strawberries, sprinkles, chocolate, fudge, and magic dust on top of the already perfectly iced cake? It was the birthday wishes, calls and cards and most importantly, the LOVE from both family and friends in Malaysia and UK. I'd like to thank everyone for the warm wishes, calls, gifts, cards and the love.

 I really thank God for absolutely everything as I'm honestly infinitely blessed. I am going to start using the hashtag #infinitelyblessed.

Till the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment