Monday, April 21, 2014

Singapore.



Orchard at night.

About this time last week, I was in Singapore.
My aunt was on a business trip so my parents agreed that it would be good i stayed with her at Pan Pacific at Somerset situated in the heart of Singapore for about a week, to be independent. I was in Singapore from the 9th-15th April 2014.
The hotel i stayed in was absolutely fantastic. Breakfast was so fabulous. It was partly a buffet and an a-la carte breakfast. I had Salmon and Bagel, French Raisin toast, Belgian waffles and the list goes on and on.
Egg benedict.

Salmon and Bagel.

I met quite a few people there, lunch appointments and outings. There was my Aunt Chris and her sister as well as their teenage nephew, my Aunt Gaik and Aunt Mei Lin and her family, Yani from KZKL and not forgetting my mother's school friends.
Ms. Yani.


Of course, I visited a few places like the famous Marina Bay Mall and the Gardens by the Bay, Bugis Street, Chinatown, the Peranakan Museum and the art gallery. Since i was staying at Somerset around Orchard, right in the heart of Singapore, I was in a shopping paradise so I didn't need to travel that far for shopping. They had Starbucks and Forever 21 at every corner. Their H&M outlet was massive.

Chinatown.
Gardens by the Bay.
Marina Bay Sands.
Peranakan Museum.
Bugis Street.
The streets of Singapore.

There are a few things I would like to point out in Singapore:

1) Public Transportation.
It is ridiculously easy and convenient to get around in Singapore. The public transportation system is amazing not to mention the traffic is so smooth, at junctions and even one or two way roads, the pedestrian crossing and traffic lights are timed perfectly. 

2) Cleanliness.
It would be beyond difficult to rate the scale of cleanliness in Singapore, it is so clean the scale would break. Trust me, there isn't rubbish. At all. 

3) The Lifestyle.
Singapore is a fast moving city. In the hustle and bustle of the loud, noisy, brightly lit city, everyone knows exactly where they're heading and how they're heading there. (Except for the tourists standing there with GPS-es and maps). Everyone and everything moves at such a quick pace compared to in KL. The senior citizens actually walk faster than me, even the escalators move faster than whatever speed I'm used to.

I think Singapore is an interesting and hygienic city. Like every great city in the world, it wasn't built in a day. That is why I think it is necessary for one to travel the world. There is beauty in every city, every nook and cranny.






No comments:

Post a Comment