Friday, April 4, 2014

A New Chapter

How many of you know that feeling you get when you're engrossed in such a fascinating book where you hit the climax of the story and the plot is unravelled? With each chapter, you're thrown into different states as it gets better or worse for the leading character. All of us know that good books come to an end as time goes by.

As cheesy as it sounds, our life is like a book. The author is God the Creator and the story will come to an end eventually. With each phase of our life brings a new chapter. When one phase of our life comes to an end, the last page of that chapter is turned only to reveal another chapter of mystery.

As the saying goes, "yesterday was the past, today is the present and tomorrow is a mystery." We don't know when our life might end abruptly, that's why we should cherish every moment we're living, we have to seize the moment, seize the day - Carpe Diem.

This blog is a new chapter of my life. It dawned on me that the previous chapter of my life had ended the moment i held my SPM result slip in my hands. That slip showed me so many things. First being that 5 years of high school did not go to waste as the bittersweet memories, laughter, joy, friendship, knowledge and love will remain in my heart forever. Next being how life goes on and time flies by easily as it felt just like yesterday I was just starting in BRP. Third being how thankful I am to my family, friends (and haters), teachers, elders, pastors and especially God, for everything because I wouldn't be where I am today without them. These all showed me to appreciate those around me even more and to seize every possible moment. I had a good run in high school and I have absolutely no regrets. They say high school is the best 5 years of your life, from where I'm standing, the nostalgic memories replaying in my mind, the friendship forged, I agree. Make the best of every second, every moment, every day because one day you want to be able to look back and remember every step and opportunity you took. It's pretty much the same as reading a book for the first time and rereading it the second time, reliving every moment again.

As of this post, a new chapter in the book of my life has officially started.





No comments:

Post a Comment