Friday, December 18, 2015

Travel


The quote says it all.

So much has changed after the recent vacation I took with my family.

The wanderlust in me grew even stronger.

As we all know, the world is such a beautiful place. The culture, people, food, history and the idea that there is a certain mystical quality in each and every part of the world intrigue me. Each country, each city or even town, holds a sort of beauty of its own that sets it apart from the others.

And cruising? The thought of waking up in a different port each day is just so damn fascinating. I absolutely adore meeting different people from all over the world who, be it by fate or coincidence or God's hand, all decided to get on the same vessel, nearly all sharing the same love for the high seas.

Besides, romance on the high seas isn't impossible -wink wink-

I can't wait to travel and explore even more in the future. With every single thing you learn about a new place, you uncover something about yourself as well and I think that's absolutely fascinating.

With the experience I had in the Mediterranean, one of the new things I've understood without guilt is that it's alright to want a good life. It's alright to adore nice things. I have been criticised as being materialistic and someone who fancies the 'high life'. If it means I get to cruise and travel the world, why not? If it gives me motivation to work hard so I can afford the luxuries of life and travelling, why not?

Obviously not everyone likes travelling, but I am beyond positive that travelling is something I want to be doing with each opportunity I get. If you don't fancy travelling, don't tell someone who loves it that they should "just be happy where you are". Happiness is subjective and it's good to either keep an open mind or to keep one's mouth shut if one has nothing positive to say.

"Opposites attract" I was told but I am definitely more drawn to people who have more or less the same outlook and genuine interest as I do in travelling.

I can't wait to do this with my lover.



No comments:

Post a Comment